Aurora – The lost medallion is a 2D, hand drawn, sci-fi, fantasy, point & click adventure game. In short, it is a family space adventure about an alien girl’s quest to find her identity. Inspired by old classics of the genre, the game blends comedy and drama to form a story that challenges your brain and teases your heart.
The story takes place in the Trappist-1 planetary system, approximately 39 light years away from Earth. Below the frozen surface of planet Eedor, a group of children have spent their entire lives in the safe confines of a technologically advanced cave, raised by artificially intelligent robots. Without knowledge of their origins and only a voice recording to guide them, the kids devote their lives to the maintenance of their underground society and the preparation for the “Pilgrimage”, a recurring journey through the frozen wastes of Eedor, to the top of a hollow mountain. There they wait, under the dancing colors in the sky, for a chance to speak with the “Voices”.
Aurora, our heroine, is the only child in the Cave who does not possess a message to guide her. Her wild, curious nature is challenged by the rigid society of the Cave, as the frustration over her confusing identity grows. Aurora’s dream, is to join the Pilgrimage and speak to the “Voices” in hopes of an answer.
The next celebration is coming and Aurora is now of age. This is her chance to prove herself a worthy Pilgrim, but as mysterious clues of the past appear before her, Aurora’s restless spirit will once again be tested, putting her lifelong dream at risk. Will curiosity get the best of her, or will she overcome herself and become the last Pilgrim?
Just point & click
- The game features more than 30 puzzles of all kinds, but they all share one commonality; they do not require “moon logic” to be solved. (that doesn’t mean they are easy though!)
- Use trickery, empathy and imagination to solve puzzles, uncover hidden mysteries and shape the world around you.
- The player can track the game’s main objectives as they appear in non-linear order through the use of our dynamic “Journal” system
- Experience the classic adventure gameplay that you know and love.
- The music never stops. Instead it adapts and flows based on the situation
- The Cave is a unique world with its own culture and traditions, secrets and mysteries, dreams and desires, all held together by a glue of subtle symbolisms that further enhance the theme of the game.
- The Cave is filled with secret slides that players can gather to complete an encyclopedia of Aurora’s world.
A space fairytale
- Explore a living, breathing world filled with nuanced characters, each with their own unique personality.
- Immerse yourself in a story with deep roots and events originating thousands of years in the past
Hand drawn art
- All assets in the game are hand-drawn from scratch.
- The game features a vast amount of scenes (50+) that form a beautiful canvas on which the players’ imagination and ingenuity may run wild.
- All dialogues in the game are fully voiced by numerous professional actors, bringing to life an already lively cast of characters
Download demo & Wishlist us on Steam
Aurora: The lost medallion is being developed by Noema Games, a new indie team consisting of game enthusiasts, stationed in Thessaloniki Greece. We are currently at the end of the production phase, finalizing art assets, managing code spaghetti, and testing out puzzle and script integration. A final version of our playable DEMO is published on Itch.io. You can download it below and wishlist on Steam the final version 😉